Hello Patrick,

Thursday, May 23, 2002, 7:48:20 PM, you textually orated:

PN> Anyone know of a great postgresql tutorial?  I have been through
PN> postgresql.org as well as the docs that come with the rpms, and I'm not
PN> getting the kind of info I need.

I always thought that these were pretty well written. I've pointed a few
people to them with reasonable success.
http://www.us.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.1/tutorial/

PN> I'm looking for a better understanding of postgresql so that I can do things
PN> that I have gotten use to on mysql.  Such as listing all database and then
PN> all tables and then the structure of the tables.

It "seems" to me like you are talking about when using psql the interactive
terminal. If so, them a simple "man psql" should suffice. It would tell you
about the "slash" commands such as "\l" (list all DBs), "\d" (list all
tables), "\d <tablename>" (structures), etc. A simple "\?" would remind you
of what these commands are.

You should find that for the most part there is very little of a learning
curve involved with _using_ PGSQL from MySQL. Where you may run into
problems is when you have to do some of the things that are exclusive to
MyQSL (like "enum", "handler", etc.). If you only MySQL then you will have
to read up on standard compliant SQL syntax. But you don't have to use only
PGSQL docs to do it. Any good SQL tutorial will do.

PN> I use mysql personally, but me has to do postgresql for a customer.

Ahhh, to each his own. ;)

Have fun,
 Brian Ashe                     CTO
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]              Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.
 http://www.dee-web.com/