I recently purchased and installed RH 7.2. The box it
is installed on acts as a simple router. I have 3 NICS
connecting a IPX/SPX Netware server, a DSL bridge
(modem, whatever) and an Internal Network. I use
IPchains (fairly open At the moment) and Masqurade the
Internal net (192.168.x.x) to the DSL bridge
(internet). Using old scripts I wrote for the
firewall, ipx routing, etc; I was quickly able to
configure the RH 7.2 installation. It works great
except for one thing that is DRIVING me NUTS!!!

 I connect to a remote customer (on the net) to
diagnose problems in a system I wrote for them. I need
to VPN to their Windoze2K server. With the previous
Redhat 7.0 installation, I only needed to install the
ip_masq_pptp module to allow the GRE (prot 47) packets
to make it to the interface. The Redhat 7.2
installation does not include the module ip_masq_pptp
anywhere. I tried loading ip_gre.o after looking at
the source thinking it may have replaced ip_masq_pptp
or something. It still does not work.

 I have spent the last two days running searches on
the Web, newsgroups and any listservs I can find. I
found compiled modules (ip_masq.pptp.o) on ftp sites
but, I cannot load them as the versions do not match.
 I tried a recompile on the kernel with all the
masquerading and GRE stuff turned on but, despite the
fact I gave it a seperate name and entry (in GRUB -
which is new to me) I ended up with a FUBAR
installation and had to completely reinstall from
scratch again. sigh :(

 Working aweful hard for the fact I am not getting
anywhere and I can find no documentation to help.

 Can someone please help me or at least give me a
clue?

 thank you in advance,

 shinji