On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 10:10:23PM -0700, Hidong Kim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to convert images to PDF.  They're mostly JPEG images to
> start.  I convert them to PostScript in xv.  When I do this, the
> PostScript image comes out with huge white borders.  The JPEG images
> which are about 4" x 3" are always reformatted to PostScript on a 8.5" x
> 11" field.  How do I eliminate all of this extra white space?  Thanks,

Does xv have an option for setting the paper size?  If you have
ImageMagik installed (probably do), then you might try using 'convert'
instead.  'man convert' will give you the details.

Regards,
Ben

--
Ben Logan: ben at wblogan dot net
OpenPGP Key KeyID: A1ADD1F0

Police up your spare rounds and frags.  Don't leave nothin' for the dinks.
- Willem Dafoe in "Platoon"