> Hi Rob,
>
> I presume that Quake is not an X app, but run is console SVGA
> mode.  In that

Yeah, I'm running Quake at the console (via SVGAlib).

> case, try one of the console mixer programs, such as aumix.
> Using this aumix
> you can save/load settings from a file, so you could find he settings you
> like for Quake, save them to a file, then write a script to load
> the settings
> from the file, run Quake, and then reset them to the previous settings.

Thanks, I'll try that out.

> BTW, I'm interrested in getting Quake, where's the best place to get it?

Don't know if/where they sell the whole version of the game.  What I did was
download the quake src, and compiled it on my machine.  Now I have a quake
binary that runs on glibc2.1.  I supposed you can do that, then download the
shareware package from ftp.idsoftware.com.

-Rob