I'm looking for some help regarding CD Burning. Right now I use
X-CD-Roast version 0.98alpha9. I can burn CD's with it, but it does not
see my regular CDRom so I can't directly burn from CD to CD. Plus
X-CD-Roast doesn't support multi-session, but I'm figuring that's a
shortfall of cdrecord, not the front end, please tactfully correct me if
I'm wrong. I'm going to check and see if there's a newer version
released.

I've also looked for other front ends and found a couple that look
pretty neat, such as Arson, but they don't see either my CDROM or my
CDRW. After some searching I found a lot of references to needing to
alias the ATAPI devices to SCSI. One post in the mailing list archive
pointed to the "CD-Writing with an ATAPI CDR Mini-HOWTO".

Problem is that is says to do things without much explanation. For
example, I have an regular CDROM and a CDRW and not sure how to alias
both devices. I'm not a Linux expert, so when Howtos make certain
assumptions, even the howtos can be difficult.

Is there a better Howto or some more explicit instructions somewhere?
Am I going about this the correct way or is there a better way?
As a sidenote, how do I disable autorun? (Redhat 7.2)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
James