Hi all,

I've now had this problem twice plus the person I received my CD's from has
had it once.

While doing an upgrade (in my case) or doing a fresh install (his case)
everything goes fine until it gets to the part of the process where it's
installing RPMS.  It stops while installing the main Perl RPM and complains
about the source media suggesting that it may be faulty.  If we mount the
source CD on a running system we can copy files - including the Perl RPM's -
from the CD without any problems.

1) is there a way to check the media

2) has anyone else had this problem and if so how have you got round it?

--
Gary Stainburn