Hi,

I'm using Red Hat 7.2 and want to install Red Hat 7.3. However, I'm using a Gygabyte GA-7ZXR Motherboard with a Promise Fasttrack 100 Lite Raid controller, which isn't being recognized by the Red Hat 7.3 installer.  From what I understood, Promise controllers were supported natively on kernel from version 2.4.17 on, and unfortunately I can't use theddrivers on Promise's site because they statically link to Kernel 2.4.7.

Any pointers?  Does anyone have a similar setup?

(Of course, a valid question might also be, is the upgrade hassle worth it?)

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo J. Méndez Castro       http://www.sheertalent.com/rmendez/
"Most people have too exalted an idea of what art must be to
 connect their own impulses to create with delivering themselves."
 -- David Cronenberg