>  from:    Greg Robertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  date:    Mon, 03 Jun 2002 21:28:52
>  to:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  subject: Re: Cdrom Reading
>
> About every 30 seconds I see the light on my Cdrom turn on and it looks like its
>seaking for a cdrom.  When this occurs my system pauses and waits for about 3
>seconds.  Does anyone know what is causing this and what I can do to make it stop.
>
> I have a Scsi Cdrom and Burner if that could make a difference.
>
> Thanks,
> Greg R

Hi,

Its probably down to the system rescanning the scsi bus. Is you Hard drive scsi as
well? I had the same problem with a Panasonic PD system. The best thing you can do is
check you current kernel and see what support for scsi there is in there, you may find
getting a more up to kernel may help with this problem.

Keystone7
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Keystone7