Bret
         Thanks for the reply.  I put that message up on three list (PHP,
MySQL, RedHat) and this has been the only reply.  There are a lot of
software packages that I found searching google.com, but they are all for
cyber cafe's that have the computers all ready set up for people to log
into.  I have found none that would allow someone to bring in their own
laptop and be able to just hook it up and also keep track of the time.  I
was hoping to find one that would run the server on RedHat/PHP/MySQL and do
what is needed.
         The customer is not actually going to be running a regular cyber
cafe.  But for the things that they want to do, it is pretty much the same
thing.  I guess they have some clients that travel a lot and want to come
in and use their network when they are in town.  From what I understand, it
is getting pretty annoying but they don't want to tell the people NO.  I
don't know all of the details about that, I just know that they want it, so
I am going to try and get it for them.  I have not tried to connect my
laptop in an airport yet, but from the way it sounds, that is part of the
type of setup that we want.
         If I can ever figure out how to do this, I will try to post the
results to the lists so other people can use it and improve it as they see fit.

Thanks
Steve