What I did was for a similar thing was make a directory for each day.  i.e
directories are 1,2,3,4,5 with 5 having the oldest information.  I then
copied the contents of directory 4 to 5, 3 to 4 etc.  By doing this I
did not have worry about deleting older files.

The name of the files have to be the same for this to work.

david