On Thursday 06 June 2002 02:24, Apolinaras Sinkevicius wrote:

> How do I redirect output to /dev/null ?

say you have a crontab entry that looks like this:

 0 1 * * *     /usr/local/bin/snafu

to redirect standard output of this to /dev/null it just needs to be
changed to this:

 0 1 * * *     /usr/local/bin/snafu > /dev/null

now you shouldn't see any normal output, but if something goes
wrong cron will email you the error message(s).

I/O redirection is a very useful tool.  I recommend reading up on it.

        ~Rob

--
Rob Saul.:|:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:|:.de recta non tolerandum sunt