David Talkington wrote:

For comparison : I have RH7.1 on PIII/800MHz with Ora9i and scsi. The boot time
is less than the quoted 2 minutes. The longest process was firing up the ora
background processes.
Local network : NIC's and a switch, no bridges/routers etc. I could SQLNet /
telnet into it from W98 on local network, jdbc works find, delivering info from
db to W98 laptop...
I do not think the problem is with RH.
begin:vcard
n:Chan;Arthur
tel;work:1.718.633.5892
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.saysit.com
org:SAYS I.T.
adr:;;234 E 2nd Street;Brooklyn;New York;11218-2314;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Senior Partner
note;quoted-printable:This message and all attachments are confidential.=0D=0AThey are meant solely for the addressee.=0D=0AAny authorised use or dessemination is prohibited.=0D=0AEmails are liable to unauthorised alterations.=0D=0ANeither SAYS I.T. nor any of its partners or subsidiaries or affiliates=0D=0Ashall be responsible for the message if altered, changed or falsified.
x-mozilla-cpt:;25408
fn:Arthur Chan
end:vcard