On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 06:35, Thomas Baumgartner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would like to ask if anyone has a suggestion on what is the best method of
> uninstalling all the packages that get installed during installation which I
> know I'll never use and really don't need, ideally including all the others
> these packages depend on? The aim is to get a slim RedHat system with only
> the stuff installed I know I need to use. Thanks a lot.
>
> Regards,
>
> Thomas.
The best method is _always_ to try to install the system as slim as
possible from the begining. Cleaning up afterward is always harder and
the result arn't always as good. Best method to uninstall packages and
depends would probably be trial and error if you don't want to make a
script that try to figure out the dependencies.
--
Med vänliga hälsningar / Sincerely
Stefan Wold           Vxl: +46 8 56311000  Song Networks AB