I am used to using Mandrake 8.1 for my server duties, but today I switched
to Red Hat 7.3. I have most things up and running fine, but cannot get the
SMTP server (Sendmail) working. I have modified /etc/mail/access to allow
relaying from the local network, and have updated access.db. I cannot
however connect to port 25 from other machines on the network - but I can
locally. I have (I think) disabled the firewall that comes with Red Hat, as
the network's internet router has its own - I ran lokkit and selected "No
firewall" - but I still cannot connect from other machines (I test it using
telnet to port 25, which should at least give the Sendmail banner even if
relaying is blocked).

Any ideas?

TIA,
Alex.