    ed> Hello All,
    ed> I need some help. I am a Linux newbie; a Windows NT Admin who is
    ed> exploring the wonderful world of Linux. We have brought a new Linux
    ed> oracle server in house and I need to set up some type of back up
    ed> routine. I would prefer some type of GUI application but have read that
    ed> taper, the most recommended, has a limitation of 4GB. What does everyone
    ed> else use? I would like not to have to pay for app as I know that Linux
    ed> offers a wide-range of options. Any and all help would be GREATLY
    ed> appreciated!

As far as a GUI app you have BRU, Archeia both of which are $
packages.

http://www.tolisgroup.com/
http://www.arkeia.com/

Then for command line packages I recommend Amanda, which is free
and will easily handle all your demands except the GUI frontend.
Redhat does provide rpms for Amanda in their distribution.

Amanda homepage:
http://www.amanda.org/index.html

--
Ray Curtis