daniel wrote:

>i've got a script here that goes through a directory tree and blows away all
>the files that netatalk puts in there for my mac users -- (i just don't like
>this stuff all over the place).  the problem is that i want this script to
>always run as root, and i want to be able to edit it as a normal user.

The script does not need to be owned by root to be run as root. Give
ownership to yourself and set the permissions to 700. Then only you and
root can do anything with it. And if you run it as root (via cron or at
the command line) then it will execute all commands with supersuser
permissions.

Tony
--
Anthony E. Greene <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>