On Tuesday 18 June 2002 02:25 pm, David Busby wrote:
> List,
>     How does Linux read and write files to another system?  In Windows I
> can run
> copy \\server\share\file.* \\server2\share
> to copy files
>
> What is the similar way to do that on Linux?

cp *.* /server/share/file /server2/share

to delete files with similar extensions:

rm -rf *.ext (where ext matches the extension of the files your working with)

to move files with similar extensions to a different destination:

mv *.ext /destination/destination (where destination is the path you want the
files moved to)

hope this helps, I added a few commands for future use : - )

David M.