> From: Mike Burger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> I'm running 7.3 on a Dell Latitude CPi, which also has the NeoMagic 128XD,
> and it installed flawlessly.
>
> The only thing to remember is to keep an eye on how much video RAM you
> tell it that you have installed.
>
> The max resolution is 1024x768, with 16bit color depth, as I recall, on my
> particular installation.

Hmmmm...I find that first statement most distressing, because it suggests
that the problem I am experiencing is not with 7.3 itself, but with
something I am doing during installation...Damn. But are you using an
external monitor (i.e. not the laptop display)? I wonder if that is making
a difference for me somehow...

I did try a manual config and designated that I had 2 MB of video RAM, as
the manual for my NEC Ready 340T indicates it has...But that didn't
help...And it does not seem to matter what resolution I try to run X in,
the result does not change...

Thanks for your input, though...

Hagn