If you are buying new you will want to stay away from Compaq.  Their
machines are pretty much windows based only it seems.  We probably get 250
emails a day asking why they can't seem to get Redhat or Mandrake
installed on a new compaq laptop.  After doing some surfing, it seems to
me the only drivers a person can find are for Winodws XP.  I have a new
Dell laptop, and I didn't have any trouble getting Redhat 7.2 on it.

KnowHow Tech Support

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Akiko M. Allen wrote:

>   Hello. I am considering buying a notebook to use with Redhat 7.3.
> Which notebooks do you suggest?
> Thank you.

The KnowHow Tech Support Team                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Providing Completly Free Email Tech Support         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Also find a Tech discussion center on our website
http://www.knowhownet.net
What Would You Like to Know?