Joshua James wrote:

> We just received a new RedHat v7.2 server from Dell. This is an
> experiment to see how linux works compared to our current installation
> of NT servers. This will be an intranet server behind our firewall.
>
> Our 40gb drive came partitioned as follows:
>
> /dev/hda1       ext3    990mb   /home
> /dev/hda6       ext3    494mb   /
> /dev/hda2       ext3    22.8mb  /boot
> /dev/hda8       ext3    60.7mb  /tmp
> /dev/hda3       ext3    21.8gb  /usr
> /dev/hda5       ext3    13.1gb  /var
>
> I installed apache (2.x.39) to the default location and I'm trying to
> install ColdFusion MX. It wants to install to /opt which is in / and
> there isn't near enough room, its already 60% full.
>
> I heard you shouldn't move /etc because there is something in there
> necessary for finding other mount points.
>
> I assume my website is going to /etc/httpd and since my other software
> is going to /opt I need more room, what is the usual place for databases
> to go?
>
> How can I make my / partition bigger? Do I really need 21.8gb for /usr?
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Do u really need to re-partition ?
Why not use a softlink : ln -s /fromhere/filename /tohere/filename

begin:vcard
n:Chan;Arthur
tel;work:1.718.633.5892
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.saysit.com
org:SAYS I.T.
adr:;;234 E 2nd Street;Brooklyn;New York;11218-2314;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Senior Partner
note;quoted-printable:This message and all attachments are confidential.=0D=0AThey are meant solely for the addressee.=0D=0AAny authorised use or dessemination is prohibited.=0D=0AEmails are liable to unauthorised alterations.=0D=0ANeither SAYS I.T. nor any of its partners or subsidiaries or affiliates=0D=0Ashall be responsible for the message if altered, changed or falsified.
x-mozilla-cpt:;25408
fn:Arthur Chan
end:vcard