On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, you wrote:
> Hi,
> My ISP is changeing dialup access to a new number I changed in
> /ect/sysconfig/network-scripts/chat-ppp0 but I am still getting
> the message saying the number I am using is being discontinued
> please change to new number. Is there someplace else I need to
> change the number?
>                   Thanks
>                  Linda Hanigan

Yes,  I believe you will need to use Linuxconf to change your values. login as
root, type 'linuxconf [ENTER]'  go to config/networking/client tasks and click
on PPP/SLIP/PLIP. Then choose ppp0 and edit the phone number from there.
Good Luck!
"Veni, Vidi, Deleti" (I came, I saw, I deleted your files)

Absolutum obsoletum. (If it works, it's out of date.)