I'm running RH 7.3 Pro on a new Intel P4, and while everything else falls into
line, I'm having problems with mysterious sounds in X.

Whenever I run my mouse over a link in a browser, or do various window
maneouvers, there's a tiny sound generated.  That's not too bad, but if I'm
scrolling through a long web page in Netscape, it generates a long stream of
these sounds and obliterates anything else that happens to be making sound on
the machine.

Does anyone have an idea what the interference might be coming from?

Thanks in advance!

- Nick Ryberg