Always use SSH.  Telnet is very insecure.  Did you set your firewall
during installation to allow access from the 2 services?

KnowHow Tech Support

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Tamola, Mark wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have just setup my RedHat 7.1 box here at work, and the installation went
> without a hitch. I then rebooted and played around with it to make sure that
> the network is brought up, and I can telnet and ftp out. However, I have
> tried to telnet and ftp IN to my box, and it keeps saying "telnet: Unable to
> connect to remote host: Connection refused." How do I set it up so that I
> can telnet, ftp, etc. INTO the box? Thanks for any help.
>
> -Mark

The KnowHow Tech Support Team                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Providing Completly Free Email Tech Support         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Also find a Tech discussion center on our website
http://www.knowhownet.net
What Would You Like to Know?