If you go to Simon Mudd's site:

1. Download the latest .src.rpm
        e.g. postfix-1.1.11-1.src.rpm

As root

2. Install the src rpm, 'rpm -ivh postfix-1.1.11-1.src.rpm'
3. 'cd /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/'
4. Set the shell variable POSTFIX_SASL to 1
5. Run '/bin/sh ./make-postfix.spec'
6. 'cd ../SPECS'
7. 'rpm -ba postfix.spec' to build both src and binary rpms with
        sasl enabled

Your rpms will be in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS and /usr/src/redhat/SRPMS when
you're done.

--Juan