On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:03:43 -0400
David McGlone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> scribbled intuitively:

>On Monday 24 June 2002 02:16 pm, David Busby wrote:
>> List,
>>      I'm trying to make/install Samba 2.2.5 and I'm following the
>directions> but get this error when I try to run ./configure
>> Can someone provide assistance?  (I'm a n00b)
>>
>> [root@localhost source]# ./configure
>> bash: ./configure: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
>
>try configure and make as normal user then su - to root and make install
>
>#./configure
>#make
>#su -
>#make install
Perhaps the su should be done w/o the -
The - will put you into root's environment and out of the appropriate
directory.  simply su; password; and then   make install

Mike

--
"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that
fool you....., he really is an idiot."

-Groucho Marx