I did an upgrade of 7.3 over 7.2.  The installation failed on the third
CD after upgrading most of my system.  I manually upgraded the rpms that
were on the third CD.  The login screen says Valhalla and uname reports
the kernel to be 2.4.18-3.  I am also using KDE 3.0.  However, the RPM
database still thinks I'm using 7.2 packages.  The RedHat Network shows
the system as a 7.2 system my RPM commands show the kernel version as
2.4.7-10 and the KDE packages to be at release 2.  I tried doing an rpm
--rebuilddb, but the results of my rpm queries still show the old kernel
and kde packages.  RHN wants to upgrade my KDE 2 packages (a bad idea,
since I'm using KDE 3).  Does anyone have any idea how to get rpm to
reflect the actual packages that were installed?  My best theory is that
the RPM gets updated at the end of the install and since the install
failed, it didn't get updated.  Help!

Stephen Gevers