With 'ulimit -Sc unlimited' and 'ulimit -Hc unlimited' I was under the
impression that there would be no limit on the size of a core file. However
with a process that allocates about 2900 MB (~3G) of memory, the core file
is getting truncated at INT_MAX bytes.

Is there any way to go beyond this and get RedHat 7.1 use largefile support
for core files.

In particular, I'm looking for a configuration option and am very much less
inclined to rebuild the kernel.

Is this something that is known to be fixed in a later version of Redhat ?

A quick review of the 7.1 sources indicate that fs/exec.c is opening a core
file without providing the O_LARGEFILE option. Whether it can provide the
option (and whether it would then work) is something I've not tried.

Thanks for any assistance,

-amrith

#include "std/disclaimer.h"