Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get my Orinoco wireless card to work with Red Hat 7.3 on my Dell
Inspiron 5000e but
have been having trouble.  So today I figured I'd try playing by the rules and use the
Red Hat
Network Configuration tool.

I've got version 1.0.1 of redhat-config-network.rpm (the one that came with 7.3).
When I click on
the Add button, I see entries for Ethernet, ISDN, modem, xDSL, Token Ring, Cipe - but
not for
Wireless.  The Red Hat online documentation says that there should be an entry for
Wireless
devices (I guess as of 7.2), but interestingly my Help file for redhat-config-network
doesn't list
Wireless devices - I guess though that that is just a documentation oversight.

To make sure I didn't screw up my settings when I was experimenting earlier, I threw
away my
/etc/pcmcia folder and reinstalled the Kernel-pcmcia-cs and wireless-tools RPMs. When
I start my
computer, during the boot process it shows a line or two about Yenta and then gives
PCMCIA the
green light.

If I do lsmod, the proper driver (orino_cs) shows up.  When I insert my Orinoco card,
I get two
happy beeps.  dmesg shows the card as properly identified.

So why can I not use redhat-config-network to configure my wireless modem?

Is there another user-friendly way to configure my wireless card? Until today, I tried
installing
Lucent's driver (wavelan2_cs) but I get confused trying to figure out how exactly I'm
supposed to
edit the /etc/pcmcia/config.opts files (since there seems to be some configuration
conflict
between how pcmcia-cs.tar.gz does things and the way Red Hat set things up) - so I'm
trying to
simplify my life by going with the Orinoco_cs driver and the standard Red Hat GUI
tools...

I'm not an engineer, so I'd appreciate it if you could help me using newbie-lingo :)

Thanks,

Bart