On 06/24/02 21:06 -0400, John P Verel wrote:
> On 06/24/02 17:40 -0400, Javier Gostling wrote:
> > I have it working in galeon. Can you describe what you did in some
> > detail?

Got it.  Upon closer reading of man plugger, (which I gather is the
driver for all the helper apps), I find this line:

"Note that Plugger will check the first word of the command and search
your $PATH  for  that command. If that command is not found Plugger will
go to the next line in your pluggerrc."

I took this to mean that Plugger will not make use of a fully qualified
path name.  I also took it to explain why gv would always run, as it's
the next in line.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo.....put a copy of acroread in /home/john/bin,
which is in my path, changed the helper command line to simply:

acroread %s

and voila!

Seems to me that not allowing for a fully qualified path...which BTW is
what adobe had suggested...is a plugger bug.  Agree?

John