On Tue, 2002-06-25 at 07:17, Sudhaker P wrote:
> Hi all gurus,
> I've been working on Redhat 6.2 kernel 2.4.2 and when I installed a Adaptec
> AHA 2490 SCSI card and connected a HP surestore DAT tape drive at the other
> end. The card is recognised by the CMOS but when I type in dmesg I dont see
> any mention to the tape drive.
> I'm relatively new to the Linux world , I'd appreciate if any of you gurus
> can help me out of this dead end.
> The output of dmesg is as follows:
>
> # dmesg | more

-------- output from dmesg removed --------

Your dmesg is not showing that the kernel has detected your SCSI
adapter. This is not necessarily a problem if your SCSI driver is
compiled as a module. Have you tried doing a modprobe? I believe the
correct one in your case is aic7xxx. If you have built a custom kernel,
then make sure you included support for the right SCSI adapter. If you
are sure you included support for the right device, or you are using a
kernel built by Redhat, try doing the modprobe and see what you get.

Linus