BG wrote:

> Quite the contrary, Rickf.  With the use of the Nvidia drivers OpenGL and
> other graphics tools are available.  OpenGL is not available with the Nvidia
> cards when using the RH boxed driver.

Please re-read what I wrote below.  It clearly states that I believe the
basic nv driver (provided by Red Hat's XFree86 release) supports basic
functionality, but won't support openGL, etc.  I also stated that the
nvidia drivers support everything.

Not so contrary... 8^)

rickf

> Nvidia does an excellent job keeping up with new releases of RH as well.  I
> think they had new drivers for 7.3 in RPM format posted on their website in
> less than 1 month after the release of 7.3.  I have to say that considering
> the power of the Nvidia hardware and software the combination have to be one
> of the smoothest installs I've ever done in any Linux system with any
> hardware.  Just adding a new disk drive to an existing system is more work
> than installing an Nvidia card and software.
[snip]

--
If you are successfull they'll beat a path to your doorstep ...
     Picket signs firmly in hand!