not to sure if this is acceptable but you can try
editing '/etc/pam.d/rsh' and comment out some lines
there.  I have two machines rsh'ing with not password
prompts (but their permissions are set i.e. root can
do  root tasks, non-root can't) and I have the
following /etc/pam.d/rsh entries:

auth       required     /lib/security/pam_securetty.so
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_env.so
account    required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so
service=system-auth
session    required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so
service=system-auth

in /etc/securetty, I added 'rsh'.

Of course, I assume that you have the right
'/etc/hosts' entries or you have your DNS setup
propely (if you have one).

cheers,

lh