Thanks, that'll help.

Price Technology wrote:
You're right, my bad.  It seems the sinility has set in once again.

Joebewan

]
On Saturday 06 July 2002 12:55 pm, Anthony Abby wrote:

should be /winnt/profiles/

Anthony

I can answer the question about user profiles when converting a
workstation
from standalone to domain logon as I've done quite a bit of winders
networking.

When a user logs on the first time, winders will create a profile
and a set of
"home" directories.  They're all located under  /winnt/  in
"users" I think.
(It's been a while since I've done this under NT)  The user's
subdirectory is
named with their username.

When you add the computer to the domain, winders suddenly sees them as a
different user.  This is why the default settings are present
again.  The new
user folders are called "username.000", but they're in the same directory
structure.

I've known people to "rename profiles" to get around this, but
I've also known
this proceedure to be glitchy.  My preferred approach is to copy
the contents
of  the "username" folder to the "username.000" folder and be
done with it.

Hope this helps on that much anyway.

Joebewan