I was not able to compile it either, but these rpms worked like a charm...

http://www.steamballoon.com/freeswan/

I am still trying to get a road warrior config to work...

Does anyone have a suggestion?? (need a winbloze client)

I tried ssh.com's sentinel, and was not successful...

Now trying pgp-->> Mcafee

Tony

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Greg Scott wrote:

> Brian, did you have the same problem with FreeS/WAN 1.97?  I was able
> to get 1.97 to work after some struggles but have not yet tried 1.98.
>
> I am using the kernel configuration answers from
> configs/kernel-2.4.18-i386.config.
>
> Here is an extract from my notes on how to set it all up.
>
> cd /usr/src
>
> Be sure to make a symbolic link, linux, that points to the real source
> tree, like this:
> ln --symbolic linux-2.4.18-3 linux
>
> cd linux
>
> make mrproper
>
> I use the Red Hat configuration answers to initially start out,
> like this:
>
> cp configs/kernel-2.4.18-i386.config .config
>
> Next, I build a kernel without FreeS/WAN, then do make xgo and
> and build a kernel with FreeS/WAN support.  There was a 1.97 bug
> and I had to pull out an error checking tool from the 1.98
> candidate release.
>
> I can clean up my detailed notes and post here if you want - but
> I have not yet tried a 1.98 build.
>
> - Greg

Tony Zafiropoulos
FixMyVirus.com
Cel: 314-504-3974
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Best way to reduce your virus exposure?
Run Linux - Replace Windows one system at a time.