First off, understand I'm a total newbie.  I saw a posting the other day
where someone mentioned that they were running Apache 1.3.23.  One of the
responders commented on how insecure that was and that the original poster
should upgrade to a newer release.  This bothered me as I'm running Apache
1.3.22.  I fired up GnoRPM, clicked on WebFind, and looked for something
newer.  I could not find an RPM for RH7.2 that was newer then the one I've
got.   Then I went to RH's download section and was dismayed to find that
when one does a search on 'Apache' you get nothing back.So, my first question
is:

Where can I find a newer version of Apache in RPM format for RH 7.2?

A couple of days later I received an errata notice from RH indicating that
they had a security patch for Apache (RHSA-2002:103-18).  I loaded it
Monday afternoon and everything seemed fine but during the early morning
hours on Tuesday my httpd server tried to restart and it barfed when it came
to any entry in the config file that referenced modules/mod_log_config.so.
That file appears to be corrupted.  I commented out all references to that
file in the httpd config and restarted the server.  Now I'm trying to find
where I can download a fresh copy of mod_log_config.   I'm assuming it is
part of a higher level package but don't have a clue which one.

Can someone tell me where I might find a fresh copy of this file?

Later yesterday I discovered that my php parser had quite working properly.
I suspect this is also related to my having installed the errata upgrade.
With the logfiles not working I'm not sure how to even approach this problem.
 Any ideas?

I guess I've now got two choices:  How can I undo the errata that seems to
have messed me up, or back to my original question as to where I can find a
more current apache package.

Last question - what the heck is SIGHUP and why does it keep occuring?

Thanks for your help! - - Dale