Hi,
After putting the root password, you should run
fsck /
It then goes into checking and would most likely assk you to anser yes or
no on questions like:
eg. invalid inode, correct it yes or no.
Just answer yes to all these questions and type reboot when
you get to the # prompt again.
It should boot normally.
hth
Willem

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I had a problem with redhat the last time I ran it... The power went off while I was
>doing something... When it came back on it started normal, for the most part.. It
>came up to a screen that basically said checking the disk and filesystem... Then told
>me that it couldn't do an automatic check with switches.. It says for me either to
>punch in the root password to continue and run "fsck" manually or press ctrl+d to
>reboot normally...
> I tried to get the thing working but can't get it to work right... I'm in redhat
>7.2, on the second partition of the only hd I have...
>
> Please can somebody help me out?

Willem van der Walt
Information Services Directorate
Department of Health