On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 06:22:03PM -0100, Juan L Pastor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 09:13, Muthupandi wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > Can u any body teach me how to disable a useraccount in redhat linux6.1 . I used
>the 'userconf' command to disable(uncheck the check box of the account is enabled).
>But it is changing only the password of that user. but he receives mails.  I want to
>restrict the mails for that user. how to do ?
>
> Delete his encrypted password field in the /etc/passwd file.
>
> If you use shadow password, the process should be very similar, but I
> don't know if you should delete the * in the /etc/passwd file or the
> encrypted password in the /etc/shadow one.
>
> Juan.

I do not think he is using pam authentication or system login/pass per
say.  Maybe he should provide us with how he setup mail for that user
-- a userdb perhaps?  If so, then he needs to edit that file and maybe
rerun makeuserdb.

It's really impossible to say if we don't know how he authenticates
remote mail connections.

jay

--
Your login is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported!