On 02:47 16 Jul 2002, Todd A. Jacobs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Cameron Simpson wrote:
| > I do it because on Real Keyboards that's where Control is.
|
| Heh. On my main system, I use the Happy Hacking Keyboard Lite 2, which has
| no dedicated CAPS key, although you can still enable caps lock if you
| manage to hit the function shift at the same time that you hit the control
| key...but you have to work at it. :)
|
| My main complaint about the HHKL is that switching to a virtual console
| from X requires some serious prestidigitation: CTRL-Fn-SHIFT-1 isn't the
| most natural finger combination, especially since it's all on the left
| hand side.
|
| Still, I like the keyboard layout and the tiny size. It's just my laptop
| that gives me the screaming fits with the caps lock (now fixed) and an
| over-sensitive track pad that dances my mouse around when I'm typing if
| I'm not extra careful.

A friend has a Happy Hacker. Takes it to wrk with him ,too.  I borrowed
it. Nice layout. I like a lighter clickier key feel, like IBM Thinkpad
keyboards. I've tried a few cheap keyboards with that feel, but they
flake out - the thinkpads have been reliable. All the pricey "nice"
keyboards I've tried at work have a heavier less clickey feel :-(

But what actually bugged me is that it (the HHK) lacks function keys
(well, you can get them, but...)

I use Alt-Fn to switch desktops and Shift-Fn to push a window to a desktop.
I find that very fast and easy. On a HHK it ain't the same.
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

Hard work is damn near as over-rated as monogamy.       - Huey P. Long