I have redhat 7.3, an i am trying to get onto the internet, i have contacted my ISP and they have assured me that have got to use DHCP and not static.
I have tried to activate it as DHCP but it wont activate, i have manually put in my net mask and gateway and IP. I can get it to activate as static but cant get onto the internet. I have tried to configure it but with no joy.

I have had a file off the internet for the realtek 8139 linux driver but i dont know how to install it, i can get into the MAKE  file and it displays this

# Makefile for a basic module
CC=gc
MODFLAGS =_06-wall-dconfig_kernel-dmodule -d__kernel__ -dlinux
new_include_path=-i /usr/include/linux/version .h
$ (CC) $ (MODFLAGS) $ (new_include_path -c 8139too.c
make
 wot do i do with that

I am a complete newby to this i want to connect to the internet so i can learn.
i am broadband my isp is ntlworld.com and i am based in the uk..
p.c is there any helpline number i can phone incase nobody can help..

Many thanks
Archie