in Xconfigurator if you choose multiple resolutions your can cycle
through those resolutions with ctrl alt and + or - on the keypad.  see
here:

http://kb.redhat.com/view.php?eid=98

If you only selected 1 resolution in Xconfigurator, simply run it again
as root.

On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 15:54, Hunter Scales wrote:
> When I installed Redhat 7.2, I chose 1024x768 32 bits as the screen
> resolution.  Using Windows, I am used to changing the screen resolution
> "on the fly".  Is this possible with X?  Does GNOME provide a control
> for screen res and depth?  If so, I cant seem to find it.  Thanks.
>
> Hunter

Jeff Bearer, RHCE
Webmaster, PittsburghLIVE.com
2002 EPpy Award Winner, Best Newspaper Website