Have installed RH 7.3 three times on two machines and use KDE3. The systems
hang occasionally, requiring re-boot. Rebooting generally must be
power-down to work. Every 24-48 hours the hard drive goes crazy with
endless activity until rebooted.  Two to three times a week the system
crashes in the middle of the night and is powered on but otherwise totally
dead in the AM, requiring power down boot. I've tried some logging and
monitoring software without finding the cause for the instability. The
computers are exposed to the internet but the problems existed shortly
after install and system compromise seems unlikely. I have researched this
on the web but haven't found a rash of unstable 7.3 reports.