SkYE wrote:

> This is a very strange situation I've never encountered before.  Both
> the root account and user account become inaccessible.  Needless to say,
> without root there is little that can be done to fix the problem - I
> always have to do a complete re-install.

    I don't have an answer for the actual problem that you have, however I do have a
comment on what you just said above.  You don't have to reinstall every time.  You can
boot into single mode and change the password again.  You can also boot from the CD
into rescue mode and change the password.

--
H | "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John Gardner
  Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   .   303.442.6410 x130