Try using SSH.  I use it with no problems with pico, vim, etc.

http://www.openssh.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Sabo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 4:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Using PICO on a server Via remote telnet connection from
windows machine...

Hi,

I'm using Pico on my server via my remote telnet connection.  Trouble
is, the pico editor will not allow me to edit files and thus not
configure my server for FTP, etc.  I'm tel netting into my Linux server
via a windows 2000 machine.

I was just told by the Red Hat guy that he had heard of problems doing
this, and that it could be an emulation problem - using a windows
machine remotely via telnet to configure a server.  Is this correct?  Or
is there a way to telnet AND edit Linux and apache files via a windows
machine?

I tried ms dos telnet and putty telnet.

If true, does a telnet package exist that I can install on my windows
machine and will allow me to use a Windows machine via telnet open up
Pico and edit Linux 7.x files and Apache files?

Thanks,

Dan Sabo