I connected a Samsung ML-1210 printer to my usb port and rebooted machine
running RedHat 7.2.  I used printconf-gui to setup the printer with gdi
driver.  During this process, /dev/usb/lp0 does manage to present "Samsung
Electronics" under "model" column, so I'm guessing the usb stuff is working
properly?  Anyway, the printer doesn't print anything.  The printer does
make some noise indicating 'warmup', but then nothing.  When I connect the
printer via parallel cable, it works fine, but I'd really like to know
what's wrong with usb?