On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Kevin Keithan wrote:

> I want to make a copy of the root account on my RH7.2 server.  I have
> shadow passwords enabled and tried to put a user in as group zero but
> that failed.  I'm in need of some help.

It's a bad idea (better to use su or sudo), but you add the UID as 0, not
just the group. Try "useradd -ou 0 -g 0 foo" instead, and see where that
gets you.

--
"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the
friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes."

                        - Holly, JMC Vessel *Red Dwarf*