Hi folks,

I am having a few problems on my Redhat 7.2 machine running on an old AMD K6/400.  For
various reasons I believe I have a few problems that might be fixed by upgrading to
the latest kernel, however, it  is a production machine and I am a little nervous (and
also have little time to spend on admin)

The thought occurs that I might be able to use the updated Kernel from the Redhat 7.3
download dir to update my 7.2 distribution.  The RPM states that the only unsatisfied
dependency is the "dev" package.

Presumably updating the kernel itself is reversable if I have problems (and install
with rpm -iVh).  However, anyone have any recommendations as to whether it is safe to
upgrade to the 7.3 dev RPM on a 7.2 system?

Are there any other "recommended" updates if grab this new kernel which I should
consider getting at the same time, eg initrd?

Thanks

Ed W