** Reply to message from [EMAIL PROTECTED] on Fri, 26 Jul 2002 21:15:26 -0400

> Why is hpfs support missing from every kernel-* package on the 7.3 CD and where can
>I find it?
> I upgraded to 7.3 and they hosed me.
> I can find no mention of this change anywhere on redhat.com.
> If I can't get it under Redhat, I'll be switching distros.

Danged if you aren't right. The source code is all there but they have hpfs turned off
in the kernel .config file. You would have to change the .config to m or y for hpfs
and recompile to get hpfs support. This seems contrary to RH modus operandi where
everything is available as a module. Perhaps this is just one that slipped through the
QA cracks.

jb

--
Jack Bowling