Hello Scott,

Wednesday, July 31, 2002, 1:06:22 PM, you textually orated:

SS> Is it very hard to install and maintain?

I didn't think so. "Easy" is like "beauty", in the eye of the beholder. ;)

If you take the approach of...
1. Read all the documentation before starting.
2. Make sure you are using RH 7.2 or better. Else upgrade Perl to the latest
version.
3. Download _all_ of the *.tar.gz files (Otherwise you may run into
conflicts with the way Perl is installed on RH.)
4. Install it (using the directions) and modify your ~/.procmailrc
5. You're done and spam free.

The above is gathered from experience. It was a cakewalk on RH 7.2, but on
some of my older servers (RH 7.0) there were some incompatibilities with the
version of Perl already installed. I simply got the RPMs for Perl from a 7.2
distro, plus the dependencies, and all was well. YMMV.

Others may have used the CPAN approach, but I cannot vouch for how it will
work.

SS> On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Brian Ashe wrote:

>> Hello Scott,
>>
>> Wednesday, July 31, 2002, 12:42:14 PM, you textually orated:
>>
>> SS> What can I do locally to combat spam?  I run a small ISP and my users are
>> SS> getting just tons of spam mail...
>>
>> Spamassassin!

Have fun,
 Brian Ashe                     CTO
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]              Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.
 http://www.dee-web.com/