On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, sign_bldr wrote:

> That's why I call them scammers...
>
>  I lost(had stolen) a name last year.
>  I owned this name since 1995...
>  paid for another two years...9 days before expire date.   4 days after
> expire date domain name goes to wrong site..someone else now owns the name.
>
>  after 3 months of fighting with netsol. they said there was nothing they
> could do...   they solved the problem...   returned my 70.00

i'm willing to bet that they sold it for far more than normal
registration cost.  what's more, i specifically recall reading an
article some time ago where at least one of the registrars was
totally up front about doing this -- they claimed that they needed
the extra revenue to somehow make up for bad debts.  uh huh.

somewhere, this should be illegal as domain names deserve to be
treated as a public trust.

rday