Christian,

        You want to set the /etc/export file on the NFS server. That is where you are
"exporting" from. I guess that the client end will have changes to the
/etc/fstab file so that (I am assuming that you want these file systems mounted
everytime) you can have these nfs mounts mounted all the time.

        shodan:/home /home   nfs  rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr

        Such a line will allow your client or server, the server can also be the
client
whereby you can nfs mount the same thing. Example you are creating home
directories in the directory /export/homes and you want it mounted on /home, you
can say:

        shodan:/export/homes /home ...................

        Where shodan is my server and is listed in /etc/hosts as

        142.66.75.205   shodan.reznet.uleth.ca  shodan mailhost mailsrv nfshost

        Where shodan, mailhost, mailsrv and nfshost are aliases to our server
shodan.reznet.uleth.ca on the client and server, its not necessary to have this
but it would then make have to specify the complete host name with making this
alias it just makes life easier.

        Cheers,

        Aly.

--